Wednesday, April 27, 2011

JH Awards

I haven't posted much about my JH students so far, so I thought I'd give it a whirl!

To be honest, JH has been my tougher class during my 1st year.  I think this is mostly because students have a choice of choir or art so I get kids that have no other place to go.  Half of my kids want to be there and do a good job and learn, the other half just don't give a darn.  This makes it so hard!

I have a fun project that was either way awesome or a big flop, depending on the student.  I need to take pics but will post about that later. In the meantime...

I took 5 of my 10 students to our JH league art show today and they had fun!
The awards are given as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each category.  Categories are such things as sculpture, functional ceramics, watercolor, printmaking, ink/scratchboard, colored pencil, pencil, etc.  Just to name a few!

Each school can bring 20 pieces with 2 entries per student.
One of my students received 3rd place in scratchboard and another placed 3rd in sculpture.

Here are some of our captured "candid" moments :)



No comments:

Post a Comment