Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Holy October?!

This may make me sound old, like beyond my 23 years of age, but I'm going to say it anyway.  Is it really already the middle of October?!?!  Where has time gone?  Friday is the end of the 1st 9 weeks already...wow!  Time is flying by.  Project after project is being completed and new ones started.
Currently my 3rd and 5th graders are working on some skull/skeleton inspired projects paying tribute to the Day of the Dead and fitting into my theme of Around the World.
My 1st graders are doing a bat unit this month in reading and science and so I wanted to join in on the fun!  They have done a few art activities within their classrooms but next week we will be attempting bat masks.

My JH students have done fall landscapes which I will take pictures of tomorrow and post soon because they look GOOD!  Tomorrow we will be doing a digital "photo-hunt" looking for certain elements of art/principles of design outside and around our school.  These will be cropped and edited early next week and become a collage. I'm hoping they find the great colors and textures of fall to include!  Next week we will also begin paying homage to the Day of the Dead by creating balloon pinatas and papel picados to decorate the JH hallway.

I have other fall inspired ideas coming up too for my other classes that will probably involve leaves and pumpkins, etc.

My Kindergarteners will do more fall/Halloween projects but here are 2 we have already completed to help celebrate the beginning of fall :)


No comments:

Post a Comment