Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

This time of year makes us aware of the blessings we have and what we are thankful for.  I find it interesting that many status updates in my newsfeed on Facebook this month have had a "daily update" of thankfulness...shouldn't we be thankful and appreciate our thankfulness all the time? 

I am always thankful for my friends and family, even if they drive me crazy...I wouldn't be where I am today without their love and support.
I am thankful that I have always had the basic needs of life (food, shelter, etc.)...
I am thankful for my job.  In these tough times, having a job is a blessing and as a "recent" college graduate I do feel the blessings of having a job.  Not only do I love my job as being an art teacher, but I feel blessed to be a role model and someone for my students to look up to.  I am also thankful for my many wonderful co-workers and administration.  Without their support and guidance, I would be lost.

And in honor of my thankfulness, here are some turkey drawings done by my 3rd graders:




Happy Thanksgiving! :)

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous turkeys, Amy! I love that they look like... TURKEYS! (and not hands). Great job, kids.
    And have a Happy Thanksgiving, to you and your family and your students too.

    ReplyDelete