Thursday, September 27, 2012

Character Paintings

Wow! So it's been a long time since I've been on here.  Guess it's taken me a bit longer to catch my breath and get into the routine of school as well as activities and taking a graduate class.  So glad tomorrow is Friday! WOO!

Anyway we have been making a lot of things in my art classes and I'm finally getting pictures taken and uploaded to be able to write/post about them.

I'm going to start with some high school paintings.  I got this idea from a fellow blogger, http://paintingwithbrains.blogspot.com/.  Students created a painting based on symbols that represented a character from a movie, book, cartoon, etc.  They could not incorporate the character itself, but only symbols associated with that character.  I had a great variety of ideas that truly seemed to fit the personalities of my students quite well.  I think they all did a great job!

The Hulk

Captain America
Scooby Doo
Queen of Hearts - Alice in Wonderland

Dorothy - Wizard of Oz

Katniss Everdeen - The Hunger Games
Lion King
Snoopy

I loved this project and my students had a lot of fun with it as well!  Thanks for the idea!

1 comment:

  1. You're most welcome! They all came out so fantastic! I love the Hulk one- I think that's my favorite. So glad to see someone else having such a good time with this idea!!

    ReplyDelete