Wednesday, March 30, 2011

High School Paintings

My high school students did a color matching project with acrylic.  I had students print a color and black and white copy of a photo of their choice.  All of the photos were found on the internet, but some had discussed using photos of their friends, etc.  I left it open-ended for them in terms of subject matter.  I am glad I left it open-ended because the photos they chose all fit into their personalities and interests.  This made the project as a whole more meaningful for them.

The objective of the project was to accurately re-draw their photo on 18X24 canvas board using a 1 inch grid and to match the colors in the photo with paint.  The results blew me away!  I have seen my students change and grow artistically and creatively right before my eyes and it is AMAZING!

I am so proud of my students!  What a good good feeling that is :)


                                                                                                  Nicki Minaj - singer



                                                                    Lil' Wayne - rapper


    Some country singer...I can't for the life of me remember his name.  Obviously I don't know country well.


This was a huge challenge for my students and they stepped up to the plate...I am so PROUD!

No comments:

Post a Comment